For the 'Once Upon a Thread' event over at no big dill I decided to take inspiration away from the old Grimm's Brother tale 'The Bremen Town Musicians'. I chose this story because my grandfather used to live in a little town near Bremen and would always read the story to me and my brothers at Christmas time. I wanted to use Christmas colors because whenever I think of it I think of Christmas time, cocoa and gingerbread men. Happy days!

I made a peasant dress using a pattern from Little Lizard King out of this BEAUTIFUL red and white damask that I just HAD TO HAVE and a contrasting teal to make it modern. I used matching red stitching to add some detail. I  made the lace leggings to add a hint of the old to go with the modernness of the color combination. I didn't realize as I was sewing it how much I would ADORE the leggings! They are flipping fantastic! I wish I was six so i could wear them. LOVE!







love, love, love, love, love, love, LOVE!


8 Comments

  1. This is gorgeous! Can I ask what kind of pattern you used for the dress? I have been after a simple peasant dress pattern for ages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's a lovely pattern from Little Lizard King. So well written and easy to follow. http://www.etsy.com/listing/62534591/peasant-dress-pattern-girls-longshort

    Thanks for your comment :) Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely darling....I Love the bloomers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZOMG! Can I say how incredibly honored I am that you posted on my blog! I have been following you forever. I totally just did a little happy dance in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am planning on doing a tute on the leggings soon. They turned out even better than I planned :) Love when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I adore the leggings too. I'll have to add you to my list so I can watch for the tut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable little dress. Love the appliqué in the contrasting fabric. Little Lizard King patterns are great.

    ReplyDelete