It's started! Project Run and Play has started and the first week's "sew along" project is due on the 6th! Happy New Year to me!! I am beyond nervous stressed excited to play along! This week everyone who wants to join has to create a remix of Craftiness is not Optional's adorable Junebug dress. I have never done a remix before or tried to make a size 6 pattern from a size 2, so it was pretty challenging at first. This is what I came up with!



I combined the Junebug dress with the Starboard skirt from Simple Simon & Company that has been on my to-make list for awhile.I remixed the Starboard skirt a little too and added two additional pleats to the back.



 I decided to make it sleeveless so it could last all through the winter and through summer depending on what it is paired with.


Then I flipped the top around and made the detail with the buttons as the back.


I added an inverted pleat to the front and two inverted pleats to the back (awesome for twirling!) exactly where the bodice seams meet the skirt.




 I added seam binding and a sash to finish it off. There ya go! My version!


And, of course, I had to make a matching pinwheel bow!


I forced my daughter (the worst model in the history of little girls) to model it, so here is a link to a photo album of more pictures. I hope you like it!





And go check out Project Run and Play's Flickr group to see the other entries, so many cute ones!


34 Comments

  1. This. is. gorgeous. Seriously stunning! Nice work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. squee! I'm so glad you approve!!! Thanks for the awesome tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg it is SO lovely <3 Wish I had the talent to redo or resize patterns. I love the junebug pattern but both my daugthers are to big for it :( They are 2 and 4.

    Love your version. Especially the bow and skirt <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. how clever to flip the dress around & lovely inverted pleats (with solid coordinating fabric) !
    it turned out amazing !
    good work !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stunning! I seriously want to make one for myself! You did such a beautiful job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out wonderful, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turned out SO cute! I just love the pop of cream - such pretty fabric and so much twirly capability!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous!! Really nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!!!...You should be in the REAL competition!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing! Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still can't believe you turned the whole thing around....so genius! And so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so honored to have gotten compliments from so many amazing ladies! Thank you all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! This dress is absolutely incredible. Most of the sewing terms sound like a foreign language to me, so I am super impressed. And a pinwheel bow to top it off--gorgeous! Thanks so much for linking up to Oopsey Daisy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful! This would be a perfect Easter dress! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! I love the fabric choices, too...just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your take on this pattern. It is truly amazing how everyone has different ideas on remakes. Great work.

    I'm your newest follower. Come follow me back at
    acoupleofcraftaddicts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous! So happy I checked out your link. Hope to see more of your projects in the future.
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing as usual, my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just featured your dress tonight! :) http://www.oopseydaisyblog.com/2012/01/wednesdays-wowzers-2-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is one amazing dress. Wow! great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So adorable! We featured you today!

    http://icandyhandmade.blogspot.com/2012/01/eyecandy-pinafores-pinwheels.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Thanks, Jen! I am honored! Although I must add, I was planning on making a petal skirt as part of my decade look until I saw your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Alison! I already added by button!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome job. Love the fabric. I'm your newest follower. Check out my blog and follow if you like. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes lovely work and nice details and fabric. You should stop by Sew Country Chick and post on my link up!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very brave how you turned the top of the dress around, but it paid off!!! I love the inverted pleats in contrasting fabric!!! A fabulous, twirly dress. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your fabric choice!! Such a pretty dress! Thanks for sharing at A Couple of Craft Addicts!

    ReplyDelete