I can't believe that this is the end of Project Run & Play! I'm in mourning. It has been so fun, crazy and stressful, but so fun! I'm not ready for it to be over, although I'm sure my family is!

This week was a "party" look. I knew exactly what I wanted to do, until I saw a very similar design, fail. Another genius plan, and another similar one. ARGH! I tried to implement my third plan and did not like it at all! So I had to start yet again! I literally took apart three dresses, but I am very happy with what I ended up with! Introducing the Twirling Flower Apron dress!



 I started with a reverse knot top using a pattern from Little Lizard King (LOVE her patterns!)



and I made three separate circle skirts from a pale blue chiffon.



 I have never seen such a twirly dress! Half of the pictures have Bella-rella's panties showing it was twirling out so far! She LOVED it!





My favorite part is the flower apron. It is made of 37, yes 37, handmade fabric flowers which are individually sewn and beaded onto a green apron base. It took FOREVER, but I adore it!







I also made a lilac sash with flowers and more flowers for her hair. (I made never make these again!)




One of the best parts of this outfit is that the apron can take any old dress...


into a party look in 30 seconds!


So there it is! My last Project Run & Play look! If you are bored feel free to check out my flickr page and see more pictures of this and my other looks. I am off to mourn now...le sigh.




Photobucket
Visit thecsiproject.com


24 Comments

  1. Wow! The flowers are beautiful and I LOVE the layered circle skirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious to know which looks were too close to your ideas, because I almost had the same thing happen! I had an idea that I was sure I was going to do, couldn't make myself feel it all weekend and then on Monday changed to a completely different dress, only to have a dress almost identical in concept to my original thought put on the flickr page this week! (I was contemplating a white eyelet Regency tea gown.) I was so glad I had changed gears and had already sewn a completely different dress. It's amazing to me how similar some of our most random ideas can be across the internet, I'm going to pretend it's because we all have our fingers on the fashion pulse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Emily!

    Catherine, I was going to make a dress with a layered lace skirt until I saw one on the flickr page and then was going to do a feather apron until I saw the ones from the girls at Simple Simon! I'm sure I will get to them someday. Your Lion King dress is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous. Those flowers are amazing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous colors !!! 37 flowers !?! you were very busy !

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow-wee this looks amazing - I love, love, the purple-blue combination. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! All the twirling reminded me of my daughter, who does the same thing. Any new dress has to pass the "twirly test" before she decides if she likes it or not. :) I love, love, love the rose apron, it is just stunning and worth all the effort that so obviously went into! I found you on Sew Country Chick, following you now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that twirly dress! I will have to do something like that for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a fun and darling dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does your daughter know how lucky she is? Your work is awesome. Thanks for linking up at Drab to Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on winning the fabric voucher!!! I love the three tiered circle skirts and the way they hang and twirl. Beautiful dress in a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on the win !
    well, you don't have to go into mourning yet because with their announcement today it's not over... there's a sew along for the signature look, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, Love the dress. I have been seeing so many circle skirts lately but this..... heavenly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This just came out beautifully!! Love the layers of chiffon - what's better than one circle skirt? Three twirling skirts!! It's funny when I put my girls in something that twirls - they just keep spinning until I take it off of them!! Almost like an automatic-twirl button. Looks like your beautiful girl was having fun! Congratulations on the win!

    xo,
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on winning PR&Play home edition this week! This is a gorgeous confection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This dress is so fantastic, I love the flowers, just beautiful. Thank you for linking up to A Couple of Craft Addicts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the apron! Absolutely amazing!! Thanks for sharing at A Couple of Craft Addicts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What little girl wouldn't love that?! WOW! Thanks for entering One Crafty Contest; good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful combination. Very pretty and I know my daughters would love this. Thanks for entering One Crafty Contest, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO cute!!! I am visiting from the One Artsy Mama Craft Contest and wanted to drop by and say hello. I am a new follower! Hope you will stop by http://garagesalesrus.blogspot.com and do the same.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete