Surprise! The awesome ladies over at Project Run & Play took pity on my sadness and extended the sew-along challenge another week! Love them! We were all asked to create a "signature look" and this is mine. I call it modern vintage.



I love to find modern, colorful fabrics and combine them with vintage pieces to make something truly one of a kind (and gorgeous, hee hee).



For this one I made a reverse knot dress (using my favorite Little Lizard King pattern) in this beautiful pink and white damask with two under layers in blue and green. I also made the straps using both the damask and another blue and white fabric to make the back as interesting as the front.


I pleated some vintage napkins to add some flutter sleeves.



I love how all the angles came together


The apron is made from a vintage dresser scarf. I always cringe when I cut into these stunning pieces, but I figure at least this way they will be seen and not hidden away in a box.




The bright green belt detail ties it all together and adds another pop of modern color.


One of the other things I adore is lace, love love love lace! I love making lace leggings or tights. I made these tighter than usual with just a few strips  of lace along the bottom to peek out. So sweet!



My other "signature" are my pinwheel bows, explains the store name a little. I used three separate ones to create this look.


Now back into my depression at it being over...sigh....BUT, guess what??? Coming soon they are holding auditions for regular ole home sewers to join in the REAL competition! So flipping exited! Be prepared for me to beg and plead for your votes!



As always, check out my flickr page for more pictures!

Photobucket




Tip Junkie handmade projects


21 Comments

  1. I LOVE everything about this!!! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! It also give me some inspiration on what to do with the vintage linens my grandmother just gave me. It's just such a darling dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!! I have a whole box of vintage hankerchiefs and embroidered linens from my great grandma and great great grandma and this makes me want to use them! I'll vote for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! I like the color combos, the flutter sleeves, the pinwheels, and the ruffle bloomers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! Don't keep those gorgeous linens hidden in a box at all! They are so beautiful and add amazing, eye-catching details!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely. Great print choices and that swan scarf is gorgeous!! Thanks for linking to the Craftastic Monday party:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say this was my favorite of last weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've featured this at today's Craftastic link party. Stop by & grab a Featured On button. Looking forward to seeing what you link up next:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable!! Love the fabric...the design..everything!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation:)

    Maysem @ odetoinspiration.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this. The colours are so nice and I bet she feels like a princess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from the Girl Creative Blog Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty :)

    Love for you to share it at my "Made by ME" Linky Party Wednesdays :)
    http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-20-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! So cute!
    janelle

    emmalinebags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another amazing creation! I love the lace peeking out! Thanks for linking to A Couple of Craft Addicts!!

    ReplyDelete