Thanks you all you wonderful fans out there I made it to the second round of American Crafter! Huzzah! This week was "kids week". I have figured out that I am not a fan of such broad parameters, my "unable to make decisions" self goes a little crazy! I ended up making three things because I wasn't in love with the first two. Don't get me wrong, they are super cute, but IMPOSSIBLE to get good pictures of! And since you all cannot experience my craftiness in person, photos play a big part. {Must practice using my camera}. But I'm very happy with what ended up with!


Bella-rella LOVES collecting things outside, it drives me crazy, the amount of dirt, pine straw, leaves and rocks I find in her pockets is nothing short of amazing. And I'll admit it, I love the Tinkerbell movies. It's kinda sad when the adult tries to convince the child to watch them. Sad. But seriously, doesn't she makes the cutest fairy ever!



I found a flameless candle lantern at Homegoods for $10, {nice!} which I dismantled and spray painted to turn into the house. My favorite aspect is that the front opens, brilliant! It makes me feel like less of a jailer, cause you know, the fairy can get out...cause it's real and all. Again, sad.



I had my little nature collector gather some leaves, rocks, flowers, clover and mossy stuff, no clue what it was, to add to the house. Since it was real and everything wilted, she promptly tore it all apart and turned it into a cage for her pretend bird. It lasted about 20 minutes. Poor fairy.




I hope you like my little fairy house and pretty, pretty please VOTE FOR ME! I would LOVE to get to the next round!



The fairy will be very happy. ;)

Photobucket


5 Comments

  1. I love it--wouldn't have thought of using a lantern for a snow-globe type thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you didn't make it through. I thought this was really inventive. Just wanted to let you know I featured you today on: acoupleofcraftaddicts.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I have some lanterns that I made fall and Christmas scapes out of, and now they are sitting in my basement because I haven't thought of anything to put in them for spring. This is a great idea I might try! Thanks for sharing this at Drab to Fab last week!
    This week’s party is live right now!

    http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/03/drab-to-fab-link-up-11-features.html

    I’d love for you to link up again this week with more of your amazing stuff! Old or new is always welcome :)

    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete