And here goes! The first week of American Crafter! Squee! {Cross your fingers I don't get booted in the first round, I need your votes!} The theme this week was Hardware Store Gems. After wandering around Home Depot for as long as you can with a two year old and one return trip, I ended up with these beautiful pieces!

My Metal Lace Jewelry

I wanted to make pretty, girly jewelry since it's the last thing you would be able to buy at a hardware store.


I was able to find a metal grate, no idea what it's actually for, and turn it into this

statement bib necklace
 


cuff bracelet


and pair of earrings.


There are incredibly light and comfortable, which I wasn't expecting and there is enough left to make another three pieces at least. Not too shabby for $18! I didn't want to build a piece of furniture or use paint chips because it screams hardware store, so I am happy with the girlishness I was able to create.


So.....go vote and I'll love you forever!
Visit thecsiproject.com








Photobucket


16 Comments

  1. These are pretty incredible, way to think outside of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely played! These are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! They seriously look like expensive jewelry from a dept. store. I voted for you. Thanks for linking up at Creative Me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty! i think I should go wander the hardware store aisles now. Good luck!

    jess @
    tupelocreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making it to round 2. I just gave you a shout out. Good luck!

    http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2012/03/american-crafter-round-2.html

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very cool! Thanks for sharing this at last week's Drab to Fab! I'd love to see more of what you've got, come on back over to this week's party!

    http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/03/drab-to-fab-link-up-8-features_15.html

    Have a great weekend!

    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing! Great job and good luck! *going off to vote now*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and so creative! You've got me wondering if I could do a recycled / upcycled version, made out of something old and destined for the landfill. I'm going to keep on the lookout for something similar at the reuse-it store. Nice use of hardware store finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very creative. They are really attractive pieces of jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! These are gorgeous!! I popped over from CSI. LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute idea! Kudos to you, love it! Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously can't believe you made this from the grating stuff they sell at the hardware store. I'm blown away. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, man. I love, love, love this! Can you give me any idea of where I might look in the store for a grate like you used?

    ReplyDelete