That's right dear friends, Project Run & Play is back! Huzzah! I'm still sad about not making it into the "real" competition *sniff, sniff*, but I'm going to throw myself into the sew along! Things have been crazy around here, and I will write a long winded post about it at a later date. But I was able to get my design for this week done just it time! Whew!

The theme this week a remix using the amazing circle skirt pattern by Dana over at MADE. Awesome site, awesome tutorial. LOVE these skirts! I went through three different plans and finally landed on this one. Here is my Circle Rainbow halter dress.


I used the circle skirt tutorial to make the skirt of the dress. I altered it a bit by off centering the waist to turn it into a slight fishtail silhouette to mimic the curve of a rainbow. Clever, eh?




I embellished it with gathered ribbons to make a perfect summer rainbow and used the left overs to make a bright, pretty headband.



I wanted to use the circle tutorial in another way also, so I used it to make the halter. It feels so summery and girly to me.



Can't forget the best thing about circle skirts....the TWIRL!



Check out my flickr page for more pics of this sweet dress and of my last season looks! Next week...sportswear!


Photobucket


14 Comments

  1. Lovely dress... and cute model-girl! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO beautiful!!! Great job! xoxo- Rachel @ www.bubblynaturecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is beautiful!! You did an amazing job! I just found you on the Family Ever After blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!!! You never cease to amaze me with your creations!!! Very clever remix!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The rainbow is absolutely genius!! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really really great! Now do all of these go into your shop once your daughter grows out of them? If not you should seriously keep them forever to pass down the generations. They are so special :)

    Thanks so much for linking at Drab to Fab!

    Today's party link: http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/04/drab-to-fab-link-up-13-features.html

    Have a great weekend! :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stephanie, I've featured your Circle Rainbow Halter Dress today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/04/threading-your-way-features_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks all! I really love how it turned out and Bella-rella loves it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable dress! Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there a more specific description of how you made this? My daughter is about the same size as yours & I would love to know how to make this for her!

    ReplyDelete