Friday, April 20, 2012

Project Run and Play - Hop, Skip, Jump {er}

The theme for this weeks Project Run & Play is sportswear, which is soooo broad! I went with something that was my style and would be great for Bella-rella to wear all through the summer and fall. And really, who can resist a jumper?

I used this amazing vintage polyester print fabric, LOVE it! It's based on a vintage pattern and I crisscrossed the straps to add interest to the back


and added some big buttons on the front.


I made a pair of short leggings from an old shirt and added some ric-rac to the bottom to add a little fun. As you can see from the above shot my daughter isn't so good at "sitting like a lady" so wearing things under dresses is starting to become a must.


This outfit is so easy, simple and summery. And perfect for

Hopping

Skipping

and Jumping

As always, check out my flickr page for more pics!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I really like the leggings though, they're my favorite! :)

    Jess @
    http://tupelocreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am putting those rick-pack shorts on my t0-sew list because my girls always need cute things under their dresses too :)

    Karen @
    www.domesticdissident.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable, the outfit and the model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous little outfit.. so cute and practical, too!!! LOVE the large ric rac on the shorts!!!

    ReplyDelete