Welcome to week 3 of Project Run & Play! I have loved being able to sew along for the past few weeks {thanks to my hubby for ignoring the messy house!}, and this week was no exception!


The theme this week is denim, which totally threw me for a loop! I had a great design in mind, then found out the fabric I wanted to use was $80 a YARD! Seriously?! Needless to say, I scraped that plan. Look two was turning out super cute, but too boring. I know there will be some AMAZING jackets, pants, overalls, and jumpsuits this week so I wanted to go in a different direction. I decided to take the casual fabric and make it fancy! So here is the Everyday Elsa Denim Dress!



I'm guessing your daughters are just as obsessed with Frozen as mine are {I may or may not listen to the soundtrack while alone in my car...Let it Go....you're singing it now, aren't you?}, so I decided to make a party dress that Elsa would approve of and that Bella could wear more often than just on Halloween {which is what she wants to be...must start costume!}.




I used white stretch denim and an overlay of turquoise lace for the dress. The skirt is a tea length hi-low circle skirt, perfect to mimic the train of Elsa's dress, but still wearable. There are a few snowflakes inside the skirt if you looks closely.



It is quite possibly the twirly-est dress I have ever sewn!



The denim bodice has a sweetheart neckline underneath the lace overlay, which my daughter LOVES.



The back is my favorite part though, it makes me want to sew myself a dress! I made a skinny denim belt, and of course Elsa has to have her snowflakes!



The skirt is perfect size for a princess.


And apparently you cannot stay still while wearing it!



My daughter insisted on some Elsa-ish hair, she doesn't have enough length for a braid, so this is what I can up with.



She had to throw in some Elsa poses...love my silly girl.



And of course Elsa joined us on our photo shoot.



I think it is probably the fanciest denim I have ever seen and I have a very happy girl :)



Please come back next week to see my signature style look! I can't believe it will be the last week.. *insert sad face*


Lil Mrs Tori


29 Comments

  1. Simply gorgeous! I love the full skirt and the lace overlay is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job! I can see why she loves it. It's amazing how the lace stays put in the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I LOVE the back, I must have taken over 100 pictures of it!

      Delete
  3. This is an unexpected twist on the denim challenge! Really beautiful and I bet your daughter just loves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She asked to wear it to school today! I told her she has to save it for the Father and Daughter dance :)

      Delete
  4. That's gorgeous! I love the back. It's awesome how it stays put, and the scallops down the edges are a nice touch. The twirly cascade skirt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I want to make myself a shirt with a back like that, it could be a perfect little black dress detail!

      Delete
  5. This is a wonderfully beautiful princess dress for a beautiful princess that is strong enough and durable enough for her to run, play, twirl, fly, and simply "Let it Go!" Love, Momma Shaffer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Your daughter is soooo lucky. How does the lace stay put in the back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just the fit of the top, like any other bodice. It took awhile to get it to fit since she is at school all day and the duct tape dress form that I made of her is two years old!

      Delete
  7. I'm mesmerized by the back of this dress. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors! I would never have thought this was denim! I am so curious about this $80 fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's what I was going for! The $80 fabric was like a cable knit sweater in the Home Dec dept, it would have been adorable, but my husband would have KILLED me!

      Delete
  9. So so gorgeous!! I love this. Your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very creative way to use denim, Stephanie. A beautiful dress with the lace overlay!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she still keeps asking to wear it to school!

      Delete