My little Annelise is going to be Anna to go with my older daughter's Elsa costume {which is currently kicking my sewing butt!} and I knew that I would never get an applique to look right, so I used this free image to make a Silhouette cut file.



I used freezer paper to make a stencil, busted out my paints and this is the result!
 I couldn't be happier! {ignore messy ironing board}


Just a sneak peek....mainly because she flips out every time I put it on her! At this rate my older daughter won't have a costume, my son will only have the head portion and my littlest one will be screaming and trying to take hers off! Wish me luck! 
Lil Mrs Tori


5 Comments

  1. what kind of htv did you use. love this, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut it out of freezer paper and used it as a stencil. Here's a tutorial, but you can skip to step six if you use your cutter! http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-freezer-paper-stencil-makenna-loves-goldfish.html I set my machine to the plain paper setting. It's super easy!

      Delete
  2. What fabrics did you use for her bodice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just black cotton and gold bias tape. I added snaps to the back to be able to get it on easily.

      Delete
  3. I love what you did. I sure wish that I could open the free template file. It would make my life much simpler.

    ReplyDelete