So here it is folks, the end of Project Run & Play Season 10. Sniff, sniff. I almost didn't get this last entry in, as I'm typing I have 3 hours until the linky party closes!


This week was your "signature style", which took me awhile to nail down. I love to create all types of things, but I went back and looked at the latest things I have made and noticed that they were all super twirly {cause who doesn't like to twirl?} and girly. My older daughter is also entering that weird age group where the little kid clothes are too babyish and the clothes they make in her size look like they should be worn by teenagers. I really think Target needs a section of size 6-10, dontcha think? So very long story short, my style is age appropriate, twirly girly :)



I started with a cap sleeve coat. I modified the Secret Garden Dress pattern by Sprouting JubeJube to get the flounce in front {she has some beautiful patterns!}. It's starting to get a little chilly in the evenings here in Georgia, so I wanted something she could wear that was warm, but not overly warm.



It has an open back...



and ruffles down the front.



It is made from navy twill and a beautiful floral corduroy that I found at Hobby Lobby and fell in love with. The colors are divine! It can be worn open, with a belt or the grey sash I made.



I love the shape the open back and the front ruffles create when it's viewed from the side.



And of course, even though it a coat, it's twirly!


I like to make her separates so she can mix and match. I made a dressier outfit and a more casual one that both go with the coat.



For the causal look I made some leggings, mainly because I love them, and a double layered linen blouse. The blouse is gathered with a grey satin ribbon and the shirt can be worn in either direction. I want this outfit in my size!



The dressier outfit consists of a magenta tulle circle skirt, which is sufficiently twirly,



and a tank top with straps wide enough for school {re-purposed from my husband's old work polo}. I made an iron on for the tank with my Silhouette Cameo, my absolute favorite toy ever! I combined two free images to make a laurel and bow collar shape. {Check back tomorrow to download the free cut file}.



So there ya go, my signature style. It's also my style to not be able to make decisions, so here is your weekly picture overload!



I have loved this season and hope I can sew along again for season 11!

I got it uploaded with 30 minutes to spare...whew! Come back tomorrow for the free cut file {if I can figure out how to upload it...}

Linked up to 'Do Tell Tuesday' at Mabey She Made It.


16 Comments

  1. So beautiful. And you should totally make one in your size! 3/4 sleeves FTW? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may try! It's so pretty in person, I need a better photographer!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful coat! I have aren't hat cord at Hobby Lobby, too, it is really pretty! It is nice to know I was in good company with the last second post to the linky party! I was sweating it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't get it together this week! Now I'm on my third cup of coffee!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful job! I was there with the first week. right at the last minute ! Did you use the secret garden dress to make the coat? That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did used the flounce pattern piece, I totally forgot to add that to my post! 2am is not my friend! It's a great pattern :)

      Delete
    2. I hear ya ;) Well you did an amazing job! So many pieces you made.

      Delete
    3. Thank you...I love the bustle on your look and your daughter is too cute!

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful! Love how you used teh Secret Garden, its genius! xx Sprouting JubeJube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a beautiful pattern, the flounce shape is perfect!

      Delete
  5. Well done! I love the flounce and open back on the coat. The flowy linen tunic looks so comfortable! And my daughters would go crazy for a twirly tulle skirt like that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a neat take on a coat--it is really an attention-getter! Beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The all important twirl factor - love it!!! I'd totally wear that double linen blouse, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, making myself a blouse is on my to sew list!

      Delete