One more day until the sale!!! Please come back tomorrow to see my final countdown project and the sale info will be released at 10pm MST.


My sweet daughter {who refused to get off my lap until she was 3}, is playing Alice in her drama class' production of Alice in Wonderland, so proud of her! So every day that she has drama practice she wants to wear something "Alice-y"...I love that girl! 

I was at JoAnn's for the millionth time getting supplies to make her Elsa costume {which I still haven't posted about!} and saw the t-shirts on sale for 4 for $10 and they had the EXACT same blue as Alice's dress. So of course I HAD to buy them! 

I used blue, black and white t-shirts and the amazing Lil' Blue Boo Sienna dress pattern {which I adore} and whipped the dress up. To make it extra Alice-y I made a Silhouette file out of the first lines she says in the play.




She was so giddy when she saw it, which is one of my favorite aspects of sewing. I haven't gotten any great pics of her in it since it was filthy when I went to take some! Art class + white dress = not good.

She wanted to be "through the looking glass" hence the weird pictures!




Here's the cut file for the Alice quote and I made another one for a pink and purple Cheshire Cat dress, but have yet to sew that one up. 


I hope you enjoy! As always I'd love to see some pictures! 


17 Comments

  1. This is great, I love the dress and applications!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm planning on making the Cheshire dress next week :)

      Delete
  2. That is really cute! I'd love to know how you do the shaped words like this... I can think of all kinds of things I'd use the idea for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't mock, but I use WordArt in Microsoft Publisher! LOL Totally old school! I save it as a jpg, import it to the Silhouette Studio, trace it, release the path and then I can edit them individually again if I want to.

      Delete
    2. If it works, don't knock it! =) I admit I was hoping the Silhouette software could do it. I actually don't have Microsoft Publisher on my computer... I wonder what other programs can do the same thing. It looks really cool though!

      Delete
  3. WOW!! Losing my mind over these!! Thanks for sharing!
    http://partnparcelstudio.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can I share my picture I used the Cheshire cat Shilsilhouette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the slow reply! If you email it to me I'd love to share it! pinaforesandpinwheels@gmail.com

      Delete
  6. Hi! May I use your silhouette file to print on a tshirt? My friend loves alice in wonderland and Im planning to give her a shirt. May I use this? It is so pretty~~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course! There is a link above to go get the file.

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much, these are darling

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THIS! I am new to the silhouette so help is greatly appreciated... when I download and open in the program it is just a "block" how do i get it to cut where I want it to cut?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to use these files but I have a Cricut. Would it be possible for you to share these files in a different format please?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the Alice cut file! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete