I made it in the nick of time! Here's my second look for Project Run & Play's February challenge. The challenge was to sew something using the Mademoiselle Muscle Tee tutorial from Living with Punks. It's such a versatile pattern that the ideas were endless! Here is my take on a dressy version of the muscle tank tutorial.


I started by drafting the tank from my Twirly Girl signature look since I like the fit, but raised the front and made the back a low scoop just to change it up and add interest. 




I raised the front slightly and added a Peter Pan collar, which I adore, it made it look so sweetly nautical {hence the name!}. I added it first and then sewed on the neck binding before adding a little bow.






 The skirt is a circle skirt I made from this amazing double-sided jersey I found and used gold elastic for the waistband. 









It passed the twirl test easily!






Baby sister had to get in on the fun!



 And more....cause you know...decisions aren't my strong suit


Cross your fingers I make it into the top ten, there are quite a few adorable looks in there! And I KNOW you are just chomping at the bit to be harassed to vote for me again! 




21 Comments

  1. Perfect. The dress and the "check back."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got them on there with 30 minutes to spare!

      Delete
  2. That is really cute! I have a similar double-sided knit in grey/white, but this is even better. I love the collar with the bow, and the gold elastic on the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I adore the fabric! I bet the grey one is cute too, where did you find it?

      Delete
  3. Great look! That's so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look! You must make it to top ten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sewing skills are amazing. That peter pan collar is perfect. Where did you buy the double sided knit?
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah! I found the fabric at JoAnns. I think I may have to buy more!

      Delete
  7. This is the one I voted for. I really thought it was the most creative one of all ten posted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I did a peter pan collar and circle skirt too! Love the gold accents--that fabric is really fabulous. Love the peek of the other side in the twirls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat a circle skirt! You'rs is adorable too!

      Delete