I was a few hours short of missing the cutoff this week, but I made it! Whew! This week's Project Run and Play theme was "All That Glitters", so here is my beautiful, glittery,

Golden Girl


I knew right away that I wanted to make a golden circle skirt, {if you've been here before you know I love circle skirts}. I used a gold satin and gold glittery elastic, it's super shiny and I wish it were in my size!


I made three tops, which is the reason that I almost ran out of time! The first two just didn't look right with the skirt, so I kept working! My daughter's friend modeled shirt #2 down below, it's much cuter with jeans than it was with the skirt!

I ended up making a simple black tank and added some glitter with an iron on quote that I made with my Silhouette machine. Perfect for the skirt!


Here is shirt #2, my daughter's friend want to be a "tough girl" and wear some glitter 
with her combat boots, looks pretty adorable!


They said that both girly girls AND tough girls can "pull off" glitter....Love these two!


I love the girly, but sophisticated look that I ended up with, perfect for my tween! 


I apologize for the bad pictures, it was literally 9 at night! Go forth and leave a little sparkle, y'all!


14 Comments

  1. I love the way the golden fabric twirls and flows. If you ever find some to make this adult size please let me know I'm with you on that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it beautiful? I would never have a reason to wear it though!

      Delete
  2. Love these outfits! I especially love the twirl skirts. So pretty! I was with you on almost not making it this week. I actually like that you photographed these at night! I don't see night photos often but it totally works with fancy and sparkly =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the best photographer to start with, so I'm shocked that I was able to get any good ones at night! But I made it in time!

      Delete
  3. That fabric is amazing! And I love the way it looks as a circle skirt. I think the photos turned out really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is simply adorable! Love the glittery text!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I use my silhouette machine every chance I get!

      Delete
  5. That is perfect! How fun and glamorous, I can tell she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You KNOW I'm in love with that skirt!

    ReplyDelete