I have a {bordering on obsessive} love of all things Harry Potter. I'm a total fangirl and freely admit it! As soon as I learned that there was going to be a Project Run and Play cosplay challenge I knew exactly what I wanted to do! Introducing...

 Hipster Harry Potter!



If you aren't sure what the shirt is representing, watch this.... be prepared, it's annoying yet strangely hilarious!

I ended up making hand stenciled lightning bolt leggings, a racer back tunic, long cardigan, infinity scarf {of course!}, and a beanie in true hipster style.

I drafted a racer back hi-lo tunic, and made the iron on using my Silhouette machine. She LOVES it! And is now officially cooler than I am! {we won't discuss how long ago that actually happened...}


I made a long lightweight knit asymmetrical cardigan {like a wizard's cape...see what I did there?} I couldn't get a great picture of it, but trust me, it's cute. She has worn it everyday since I made it, which is her highest compliment.


I drafted the leggings and used freezer paper and my Silhouette machine to make a stencil to paint on the lightning bolts. For awhile there they were leaning towards superhero tights, but I love how they turned out!


Every hipster must have a scarf {Gryffindor house colors, for those non-Harry Potter fans}, I didn't want to make it striped because I knew it would be too busy, so I just did each side a different color.



I made a knit beanie {a hipster wizards hat...get it? heh.}


Accio, more pictures! {Harry Potter humor...}



Which book is your favorite? I can never decide! I'm a Hufflepuff, I love everything!





21 Comments

  1. haha! Love it! And now I have that song stuck in my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too... it always pops in my brain at the most random times! LOL

      Delete
  2. I'm not a Harry Potter girl, but the outfit still rocks! Great job with tween style too. My daughter would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amaze me everytime, you should so be an official contestant! Love Harry Potter and you totally have the look down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I would love to be a contestant, but I would be so stressed out! LOL

      Delete
  4. Love the cardi interpretation of a cloak. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cardi interpretation of a cloak. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit for a pre-teen, and those are hard to sew...
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit and catchy inspiration :) I feel the need to stock up on house colored knits now lol harry potter everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so very fun! I think those leggings are amazing. I'll bet she's the envy of all her friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've gotten a request for a pair from her friend!

      Delete
  9. The lightening bolt leggings are a great touch! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the gathered back of the tunic, and the lightning bolt leggings are awesome! She's pretty much the cutest hipster ever. ;-)

    ReplyDelete